What if I told you that your free website may be the most expensive decision that you make? That the site builder you learned about on a television commercial promising to get you online fast and easy — and FREE — isn’t as good a deal as you might think? Let’s look at why your free website isn’t free.
A bad user experience will drive customers away from your website.
They say that the man who represents himself in court has a fool for a lawyer. The same may be true across other industries. And just like in court, where a little bit of knowledge isn’t enough…neither is it enough when building your online presence.
When you think you know enough to create your free website, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you understand how to optimize your site for search engines?
- Do you know how to backup your site in case something happens to it?
- Do you understand how to optimize your site for client use? For the best client experience?
- Do you have access to (and know how to use) developer tools for analytics, form creation, social media integration and more?
- Do you know how to change colors, fonts, image sizes, etc. for the best display — and to keep them consistent page-by-page? (Do you know what CSS and HTML are, and how to use them?)
- Are you prepared to make updates and even migrate your site if necessary?
- Can you make your site mobile responsive?
If your answer to these questions is no, or you’re not sure, it may be time to trust your online presence to a web professional.
Professional web designers integrate technology with design to create the best user experience possible for your customers. We listen to your needs and craft a site that not only meets your needs but does it in an aesthetically pleasing way, while complying with requirements for SEO (search engine optimization), mobile responsiveness (so it shows up correctly on phones, tablets, laptops), integration of additional components like forms, calendars, message boards, downloadable files, images, e-commerce, and more.
Your online presence is your reputation to every web user.
When it comes down to it, you are in business to supply a need to your customer. Hiring the right professionals to create your web presence, social media management, and general marketing will free you up to do what it is you do well, and allow us to showcase you in your best light.
Need help with your website and marketing? Contact us for a consultation.
(Image courtesy of iosphere at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)